ON@PRO is being provided to you as a collaboration between
- TUMAINI Institute for prevention management, Dresden (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schwarz, University Hospital Dresden (Germany)
- and ASCENSIA Diabetes Care.
TUMAINI Institute for prevention management
Tumaini is Suaheli and means “hope“!
We gave us the name TUMAINI, because we:
- Put hope in our aim to oppose the “diabetes flood”
- Want to bring a bit of the fascination of Africa from our journeys through Tanzania
- Build up on the experiences from a hospital in Tanzania named TUMAINI
The TUMAINI Institute for prevention management consists of an engaged team of scientific associates of different fields (e.g. nutrition science, psychology, sports science, health science). We all have long-term interpersonal skills with people that had to or wanted to change their lifestyle connected to their state of health. These experiences help us to develop holistic concepts for the prevention of lifestyle-associated diseases and to develop educational material for projects in the lifestyle changing sector. Our company works in close cooperation with other businesses, hospitals and health insurances to test and implement these ideas in practice.
We have experience in the following fields:
- Intervention and prevention programs/ programs for lifestyle changing
- Advanced training courses related to prevention and lifestyle changing
- Intervention management
- Workplace health promotion
- Quality management
- Telemedicine and eHealth
- APP development
Read more about us on our homepage.
Ascensia Diabetes Care
Established in 2016 through the acquisition of Bayer Diabetes Care by PHC Holdings (formerly known as Panasonic Healthcare Holdings), Ascensia Diabetes Care is a global company dedicated to improving the health and lives of people with diabetes. Already including the world‐renowned CONTOUR™ range of blood glucose monitoring systems, we are committed to adding more innovative and life-changing products to our portfolio.
Our goal is to provide products and solutions that make a positive, daily difference for people with diabetes. We want to make sure diabetes does not get in the way of people’s future, enabling them to live richer lives.
At Ascensia Diabetes Care we want to serve the needs of patients through our innovation and specialist expertise in diabetes. We create high quality solutions and precision tools that help patients manage their condition and take charge of their lives. Innovation is in our DNA and we are agile, entrepreneurial and dynamic in the way we operate.
We are proud of our heritage as a leading provider of solutions for diabetes care. We are excited by what the future holds and will continue to build on the legacy of our longstanding commitment to diabetes.
Read more about us on our homepage.
Prof. Dr. med. habil. Peter Schwarz, MBA
University of Dresden, Germany
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Division for Prevention and Care of diabetes
Prof. Dr. Peter Schwarz is the holder of the first Chair of the prevention of diabetes in Germany at the University Hospital Dresden.
In his projects he is focusing on prevention aspects of type 2 diabetes like:
- Determining the prevalence of type 2 diabetes (T2D) risk by the validated FINDRISC questionnaire
- Determining the prevalence of risk factors for T2D
- Implementing and early risk detection national strategy
- Implementing a low-cost screening system for the subjects with high diabetes risk using the FINDRISC questionnaire
- Implementing an intervention program for the prevention of T2D including:
- Implementation of a training program for T2D prevention
- Implementation of a follow up of the high-risk subjects detected by screening to prevent relapse and offer booster intervention using different delivery channels like telephone hotline, the Internet, multimedia, written information, telephone counselling
- Assessment of the feasibility of the lifestyle advice by determining the proportion of high-risk subjects who complied with the program offered for them
- Assessment of the efficacy of the lifestyle intervention program to prevent T2D
- Assessment of the efficacy of the lifestyle intervention program to reduce the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome and the estimated CVD risk
- Assessment of long-term effects of the lifestyle intervention on mortality, CVD incidence and quality of life